Biography & Resume
My family and I have lived in Hernando for 20 years. My wife, Bobby Bellflower, is a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and is the Director of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. She practices at Regional One Health (also known as the Med) in Memphis. Our son, Will, graduated from Ole Miss with a Bachelors's degree in Political Science and has a master's degree from Arkansas State. Currently, he works for FedEx.
My undergraduate degree in Government is from Campbell University, a private university in North Carolina, and my graduate degree is in Leadership from the American Military University. After graduation from Campbell University, I was immediately commissioned into the US Army Reserves and served on active duty for several years. After serving on active duty, I worked in the US Army Reserve Technician program and continued to serve in the Army Reserves
- Retired from a 34-year career in the US Army Reserve. Overseas assignments to Germany and Italy and deployments to Iraq. Served in multiple leadership and command positions.
- Retired from a 28-year career in the US Army Reserve Technician Program
- Member of the Hernando Veterans Parade Committee-I work with many different people on this committee: Servant Leaders—they put in countless hours of work to hold the parade for the community and honor our veterans by supplying a wonderful lunch and program.
- Worked with Hernando Interfaith and the Foodbank—a wonderful organization that helps many people in our community when they need it. We must support this organization, especially during the pandemic and economic downfall.
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Teams—an organization that responded to the tornadoes in January 2020. I trained in chainsaw and chaplaincy services.
- Hiking (we have some great new sidewalks in Ward 6 that help in walking and hiking). Simple things like walkable sidewalks aid in promoting healthy and safe outdoor activities for our citizens.
- Target shooting